Here is just a collection of things that I enjoy and will give you a better idea of the world I live in....
Please take some time to browse through my previous postings on the left side of the page.

I hope you enjoy my random thoughts and blog subjects...
thanks - Mike


ferroequinologist (n)


Latin ferrum iron + Latin equus horse + -logist
A railroad or model railroad enthusiast. (From Dow's Dictionary of Railway Quotations.) "Ferroequino" derives from the Latin for "iron horse," an early term for a locomotive.


NOW MY BLOG POSTS...

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Newest Model



I had not posted for a while, I have been working on converting over a couple of rooms in my house for the "dream layout". In parallel with that I have been beefing up my motive power. My latest purchase is this Key Imports GS-4. I just marvel at the excellent detail the Korean Brass is at now. This particular model is of a late GS without the skirts. I liked it because it had a war baby look and was not the typical daylight scheme you see all over the place.



I immediately outfitted it with the Tsunami Decoder with hi-bass speakers. It came stock with a can motor and coast drive (its nice not having to convert from a open frame motor and regear). I pulled the Richmond controls lighting and replaced it with the 0603 LEDs the Richmond now offers. I need to add a crew, but this baby will stay un-weathered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work and detail man, I have admired your craftsmanship since we were kids!