Here is just a collection of things that I enjoy and will give you a better idea of the world I live in....
Please take some time to browse through my previous postings on the left side of the page.

I hope you enjoy my random thoughts and blog subjects...
thanks - Mike


ferroequinologist (n)


Latin ferrum iron + Latin equus horse + -logist
A railroad or model railroad enthusiast. (From Dow's Dictionary of Railway Quotations.) "Ferroequino" derives from the Latin for "iron horse," an early term for a locomotive.


NOW MY BLOG POSTS...

Monday, January 12, 2009

Image of the Month


This is a shot of the Cotton Belt 819 sitting next to a Southern Pacific U-Boat. Back to the glory days from the 40's to the 90's. My model below is loosely modeled on the 819. The 819 is housed in Pine Buff Arkansas at the Arkansas Railroad Museum. I encourage anyone to support historic railroad restoration. Volunteer at your local railroad museum and get dirty. It is very satisfying work.

Arkansas Railroad Museum

No comments: