Here is just a collection of things that I enjoy and will give you a better idea of the world I live in....
Please take some time to browse through my previous postings on the left side of the page.

I hope you enjoy my random thoughts and blog subjects...
thanks - Mike


ferroequinologist (n)


Latin ferrum iron + Latin equus horse + -logist
A railroad or model railroad enthusiast. (From Dow's Dictionary of Railway Quotations.) "Ferroequino" derives from the Latin for "iron horse," an early term for a locomotive.


NOW MY BLOG POSTS...

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cool Freebie - Yard Office

Yard Office Railroad Database

I ran across this software package when looking for a way to categorize and organize my fleet. It is a shareware that is really pretty nice. You can store all of the information for each piece of your rolling stock and motive power. You can take it a step farther and take photographs of each piece and have this as part of the record. Reporting capabilities are more than I will ever use but all and all this is a nice addition to my model railroad software library. Here is the link;

YARD OFFICE

Here is a screen shot of one of my records. For an additional $27.00 you can register and open up even more of this software's capability. For the price and its capability, yardmaster rates as a 5 Lantern product and I highly recommend.



No comments: