Here is just a collection of things that I enjoy and will give you a better idea of the world I live in....
Please take some time to browse through my previous postings on the left side of the page.

I hope you enjoy my random thoughts and blog subjects...
thanks - Mike


ferroequinologist (n)


Latin ferrum iron + Latin equus horse + -logist
A railroad or model railroad enthusiast. (From Dow's Dictionary of Railway Quotations.) "Ferroequino" derives from the Latin for "iron horse," an early term for a locomotive.


NOW MY BLOG POSTS...

Friday, June 13, 2008

Newest Model














As part of my model railroading hobby, I really enjoy brass locomotives and rolling stock. They really are superior to the plastic counterparts. Of course each one of us has our opinion on this subject, but I believe that brass is a life time purchase, are a better investment, and all and all are better quality. Unfortunately, you will pay a great deal more for good quality brass versus plastic. This is one of my newer pieces, it is a Sunset F-4 SP with a vanderbilt tender. I outfitted it with LEDs forward and reverse lamps, crew, and tsunami TSU 1000 DCC decoder with sound. I was fortunate in that I was able to mount the speaker as well as the decoder in the boiler, making this a pretty clean install. As I spoke earlier about cost, this baby will set you back about $675.00 after decoder and modifications. Gunning's hobbies (see posting regarding good deals on brass) is my favorite place for brass. This piece was from a collection from an actual employee of Sunset Models.

No comments: