Here is just a collection of things that I enjoy and will give you a better idea of the world I live in....
Please take some time to browse through my previous postings on the left side of the page.

I hope you enjoy my random thoughts and blog subjects...
thanks - Mike


ferroequinologist (n)


Latin ferrum iron + Latin equus horse + -logist
A railroad or model railroad enthusiast. (From Dow's Dictionary of Railway Quotations.) "Ferroequino" derives from the Latin for "iron horse," an early term for a locomotive.


NOW MY BLOG POSTS...

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Newest Model


Well actually it is not one of my newest model, it is my oldest brass piece that I own in my collection. I recently weathered it, replaced the open frame motor, installed a tsunami with sound in the tender, 0603 LEDs. And although not SP originally (believe it is a Southern Railway MT-4 Mountain), it is one of my favorite runners.




It was a gift in the 70's from one of my mentors Dusty Rhodes. A retired Army Colonel at the time and was my sponsor when I was a Junior Member of the El Paso Model Railroad Club and NMRA. He taught me a great deal as well as others in that club and I have always been greatful. So if you ever see a orange and silver box car with Texas Western Railroad, that would be Dusty's Railroad. He passed away many years ago but is still sorely missed.

No comments: