Here is just a collection of things that I enjoy and will give you a better idea of the world I live in....
Please take some time to browse through my previous postings on the left side of the page.

I hope you enjoy my random thoughts and blog subjects...
thanks - Mike


ferroequinologist (n)


Latin ferrum iron + Latin equus horse + -logist
A railroad or model railroad enthusiast. (From Dow's Dictionary of Railway Quotations.) "Ferroequino" derives from the Latin for "iron horse," an early term for a locomotive.


NOW MY BLOG POSTS...

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

From my workbench

Military Train Complete

I have been slowly building a military transport train for several months now. It consist of 20 pieces varying from flat cars, kitchen, and troop carriers. As part of the era of which my layout is being constructed (1939-1949) I felt it was a key ingredient.



My layout plan calls for a separate military "compound" of some type. Regardless, it should prove to be an interesting aspect of my operations.

2 comments:

Evan said...

What did you use for the tanks? I've never been able to find proper HO scale military equipment, and those look good enough to make me want to try.

Mike Jobe (espeemike on the blogs) said...

These are the Dragon Model USA Armor in 1/72 scale, are about 20 bucks and can be located at;

http://www.dragonmodelsusa.com/dmlusa/prodlist.asp?tlcode=DRR&tbn=1&scale=72&sortby=introdate

I find them to be very nicely detailed, great paint, and as a bonus they are die cast which adds weight to the flat car as well.

The scale (to me at least) is so close to 1/87 that it is not anything I am worried about from an appearance standpoint.

Hope that helps
Mj