Here is just a collection of things that I enjoy and will give you a better idea of the world I live in....
Please take some time to browse through my previous postings on the left side of the page.

I hope you enjoy my random thoughts and blog subjects...
thanks - Mike


ferroequinologist (n)


Latin ferrum iron + Latin equus horse + -logist
A railroad or model railroad enthusiast. (From Dow's Dictionary of Railway Quotations.) "Ferroequino" derives from the Latin for "iron horse," an early term for a locomotive.


NOW MY BLOG POSTS...

Monday, January 3, 2011

Image of the Month

Lets start off 2011 with a really cool video regarding troop trains during WWII.
You all know by now that I model WWII era railroading so this is just what the doctor ordered...



Vintage footage of Military Transport by Railroad is somewhat rare, the War Department at the time was reluctant to film such moves due to the military security could be compromised. This movie appears to have been released in 1943.

No comments: