Here is just a collection of things that I enjoy and will give you a better idea of the world I live in....
Please take some time to browse through my previous postings on the left side of the page.

I hope you enjoy my random thoughts and blog subjects...
thanks - Mike


ferroequinologist (n)


Latin ferrum iron + Latin equus horse + -logist
A railroad or model railroad enthusiast. (From Dow's Dictionary of Railway Quotations.) "Ferroequino" derives from the Latin for "iron horse," an early term for a locomotive.


NOW MY BLOG POSTS...

Saturday, January 15, 2011

From My WorkBench




Here is the latest scratch built structure completed. It is Virginia's 5 and Dime. I really wanted to pull out all the stops on this one. The 100s of details and 100s of hours paid off I hope. This was a real challenge but I learned a great deal and hope you enjoy it...
















The screen doors were salvaged from Christmas ribbon, I used the peeled paint method from Chuck Doan.












The interior was the most challenging aspect of this build, each of the 100s of cans, box, products
and misc items were scratch built using product packaging that do not exceed 1944. The counter tops and contents are scratch as well as the fan assembly and library latter
systems.



This structure is dated June 7th 1944 per the newspapers on near the cash register.
This was a lot of fun to build, I have 2 remaining structures to complete to finish my structures AP certification. Stay tuned for these new models, one of which is a automobile garage.

No comments: