Here is just a collection of things that I enjoy and will give you a better idea of the world I live in....
Please take some time to browse through my previous postings on the left side of the page.

I hope you enjoy my random thoughts and blog subjects...
thanks - Mike


ferroequinologist (n)


Latin ferrum iron + Latin equus horse + -logist
A railroad or model railroad enthusiast. (From Dow's Dictionary of Railway Quotations.) "Ferroequino" derives from the Latin for "iron horse," an early term for a locomotive.


NOW MY BLOG POSTS...

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Image of the Month


I have been so busy of late, I have been remiss in regularly posting here. However I hope this months offering will truly tell of the talents of a gentleman I met during a recent train show here in the Dallas area.

The talented artist I speak of is John Winfield. I was stupefied by his work and immediately ordered one of his works of art and once I received it, I was amazed on how he can capture the spirit and feelings of the moment. This particular work of art is another example of his work and I plan on purchasing a canvas copy of.

It is called "Three hours to Amarillo", click on the image to view the stunning detail of the painting.

I encourage you to visit his website and see what he has to offer.

As you will see, John is an extraordinarily talented man.

No comments: