Here is just a collection of things that I enjoy and will give you a better idea of the world I live in....
Please take some time to browse through my previous postings on the left side of the page.

I hope you enjoy my random thoughts and blog subjects...
thanks - Mike


ferroequinologist (n)


Latin ferrum iron + Latin equus horse + -logist
A railroad or model railroad enthusiast. (From Dow's Dictionary of Railway Quotations.) "Ferroequino" derives from the Latin for "iron horse," an early term for a locomotive.


NOW MY BLOG POSTS...

Sunday, November 29, 2009

From My Workbench

Awhile back I purchased a couple of Sunset Cab Forwards from Gunning's and they have been sitting in my "to do" list since. I finally got up the nerve to tear one apart and paint it (this one being the AC-4). So here it is. I am modeling WWII so all of my locomotive consist look like they are "rode all night and put up wet".


First I completely torn down the model right down to the individual drivers. Installed Tsunami DCC and sound using a mini bass speaker. Wired it up with Front and read LED headlamps, interior lighting and finished up the interior with gauges crew and glazing.








I airbrushed each piece individually using Floquil weathered black and reassembled.










I purchased some SP decal sets from San Juan Decals out of Durango, of which I HIGHLY recommend.
I finished up the locomotive with using powdering techniques that I learned from Brent Gallant of Sierra West.

All and all I am pleased with the way it came out. A word of warning however; this locomotive's drive assembly is very difficult to reassemble so if you tackle one of these be careful to record via photography before you disassemble the model, you will thank yourself later. I still have another Sunset AC-6 to do the same with, but after this one I think I am going to take a break.



No comments: