Here is just a collection of things that I enjoy and will give you a better idea of the world I live in....
Please take some time to browse through my previous postings on the left side of the page.

I hope you enjoy my random thoughts and blog subjects...
thanks - Mike


ferroequinologist (n)


Latin ferrum iron + Latin equus horse + -logist
A railroad or model railroad enthusiast. (From Dow's Dictionary of Railway Quotations.) "Ferroequino" derives from the Latin for "iron horse," an early term for a locomotive.


NOW MY BLOG POSTS...

Friday, June 17, 2011

Back from the convention

Many thanks to the folks in Lubbock for a very successful convention.
The layout tours were wonderful, clinics, food and fun for all...

I gave a set of clinics on Scratch building and learned far more than I brought to the table. At one point in the evening for drinks and social hour, I was surrounded by no less than 6 Master Model Railroaders. I am not quite sure but I believe we are up to over 37 MMR's in the Lone star Region.

With that said, and learning from the very best in the hobby, I fared pretty good this year in the contest room,

1 First place On Line Structures
1 First place Off Line Structures
1 Model was voted Most Popular by the convention attendees & finally,

1 Model won Best of Show...
I look forward to Houston in 2012!

2 comments:

Cristake1974 said...

Well deserved prizes, sir! Your works are amazing and I think very inspirational, so... congratulations! :)

Chris
PS - As a matter of fact, I must admit I'm tempted to "borrow" some ideas from you... if I may, of course.

Mike Jobe (espeemike on the blogs) said...

That is very kind for you to say Chris. Thanks and borrow away...
Mike