Here is just a collection of things that I enjoy and will give you a better idea of the world I live in....
Please take some time to browse through my previous postings on the left side of the page.

I hope you enjoy my random thoughts and blog subjects...
thanks - Mike


ferroequinologist (n)


Latin ferrum iron + Latin equus horse + -logist
A railroad or model railroad enthusiast. (From Dow's Dictionary of Railway Quotations.) "Ferroequino" derives from the Latin for "iron horse," an early term for a locomotive.


NOW MY BLOG POSTS...

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Image of the Month


I was in Hearne Texas yesterday on the way to College Station to see my new grand daughter :) and of course had to do some rail fanning. I have seen this station before but wanted to get some shots of it. It is a 1901 MP/SP station, it is unique in that is was built between a cross over main line giving it a triangle foot print. I plan on taking more measurements and eventually scratch build this beauty. Nice work by the team that restored this truly incredible structure.

2 comments:

custom trains said...

It is great when the historic structures of railroading are restored. A crossing of the Missouri Pacific and Southern Pacific sure was once a key place in Texas Railroading.

Mike Jobe (espeemike on the blogs) said...

Your absolute right, this little town hosted one of the largest railroad active eras in Texas history.