Here is just a collection of things that I enjoy and will give you a better idea of the world I live in....
Please take some time to browse through my previous postings on the left side of the page.

I hope you enjoy my random thoughts and blog subjects...
thanks - Mike


ferroequinologist (n)


Latin ferrum iron + Latin equus horse + -logist
A railroad or model railroad enthusiast. (From Dow's Dictionary of Railway Quotations.) "Ferroequino" derives from the Latin for "iron horse," an early term for a locomotive.


NOW MY BLOG POSTS...

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Product Review - Bakatronics

Recently while looking around the net for some lighting circuits I ran across Bakatronic Electronics. They have some really awesome circuits that I have since purchased. Some of the kits that I now have are the lighthouse, ultimate welder, and buoy circuits. I also plan on purchasing several of the LED illuminator kits, this module generates a sequence of preprogrammed patterns of lighting that turn off and on at various time. Say you have a structure with several rooms, typically when you power up the lighting the whole structure lights up at the same time. This module will delay some of the lighting in each room to give the impression of people turning on lights in the room at different times and gives the "lived in" look.

Here is video of the lighthouse circuit (the most realistic on the market as I can tell)



So if you in the market for some cool circuits I recommend Bakatronics, you can buy the kits to assemble yourself or for a nominal fee they will assemble it for you.

I give Bakatronics 5 lanterns

No comments: